The United States Consulate has issued a Terrorist security alert today on May 11, 2018.
The alert reads the following.
Location: Canada, countrywide
Event: The U.S. government remains concerned that terrorists are intent on targeting U.S. citizens, including children. Terrorists may employ a variety of tactics, such as violent assaults and kidnappings. In the past they have used knives, guns, and vehicles as ramming devices. They may target schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, transportation hubs, and other public venues.
Actions to Take:
- Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, and transportation hubs.
- Review travel routes and times to reduce time and place predictability.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Report social media threats to local authorities.
The U.S. Consulate in Toronto is located at 360 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1S4, and is open 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, telephone number: 416-595-1700. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance outside of business hours, the emergency after-hours number for the U.S. Consulate Toronto is 416-201-4056. Our e-mail address is TorontoPassport@state.gov.
State Department – Consular Affairs (888)407-4747 or (202)501-4444
Sign up to the free speech social network: FrontPageLink.com