A family of five went into a suicide bombing mission and blew themselves up killing 12 people in Indonesia.
This mission targeted police headquarters just one day after another family did the same thing targeting three churches.
ISIS claimed responsibility.
(GlobalNews) An Indonesian family brought its 8-year-old daughter to a suicide bomb attack it launched Monday on the police headquarters in the country’s second-largest city, authorities said, a day after members of another family conducted coordinated suicide bombings on three city churches that killed 12 people.
National police chief Tito Karnavian said the girl, who was with two of the attackers on a motorcycle, survived being thrown by the blast at Surabaya’s police headquarters. The attack killed the four perpetrators. Six civilians and four officers were wounded.
The attack came just hours after police said the family that carried out the church bombings included girls aged 9 and 12.
The flurry of bombings raised concerns that previously beaten-down militant networks in the world’s most populous Muslim-majority nation have been reinvigorated by the return of some of the estimated 1,100 Indonesians who went to fight with the Islamic State group in Syria. Experts have warned for several years that when those fighters return, they could pose a significant threat.
Sign up to the free speech social network: FrontPageLink.com