WARNING: ⚠️ DEBATE POST is shutting down very soon thanks to Facebook and Twitter banning us along with our 400,000 followers, you can follow on alternatives like frontpagelink.com where the radical left doesn't moderate content.
Catalan police say they have shot dead five people to foil a second vehicle attack hours after a van ploughed into people in Barcelona, killing 13.
The attackers were immediately fired upon by armed officers after they drove their car into a crowd in Cambrils at around 1am local time, injuring six civilians – two seriously – and a police officer.
The police force for Spain’s Catalonia region said the five suspects shot and killed in the resort town were carrying suicide belts, which had been detonated by the force’s bomb squad.
The belts were later confirmed to have been fake.
Spanish Policemen inspect a car after four suspected terrorists were killed by the police after they knocked down six civilians with their car at Paseo Maritimo in Cambrils (EPA)
The force previously said it was working on the theory that the Cambrils suspects were linked to an attack late Thursday afternoon on Barcelona’s Las Ramblas area and an earlier explosion in the town of Alcanar in which one person was killed.