HBO Max, WarnerMedia’s subscription streaming platform, arrives today in Latin America with a collection of great titles from the Warner catalog and a list of original series and films, from DC, Cartoon Network, HBO and TNT, along with the new Max Originals and productions of the region. There are more than 15,000 hours of content that include unmissable titles such as “Friends” (including the special “The Reunion”), “Game of Thrones”, “Gossip Girl”, “Euphoria”, “The Sopranos”, “Six Feet Under” , “Big Little Lies” and “Mare of Easttown”, among many others. There are recent release films such as “Tom and Jerry,” “Mortal Kombat,” the award-winning “Judas and the Black Messiah” and “Godzilla vs. Kong, ”and every Warner Bros. studio movie that is released in theaters will be seen on HBO Max at no additional cost, 35 days after it is in theaters.
The cost of the monthly subscription is $ 529 pesos (standard plan, with access for three simultaneous users, five personalized profiles and some titles in 4K) or $ 359 pesos (mobile plan, optimized for those devices and for an individual user) . Subscriptions for three or 12 months offer discounts of up to 30%. It has a seven-day free trial period and a “tasting zone” with free content. Subscribers to HBO through cable or satellite systems and to the HBO Go platform (service to be discontinued) will access this new platform at no additional cost.
As an example, a list of the most outstanding productions, according to the critics:
Game of Thrones.- Eight-season epic fantasy based on the novels by George RR Martin. Focused on an imaginary medieval era, it recounts how different families clash for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros: the struggle to sit on the Iron Throne is fierce.
Mare of Easttown.- Kate Winslet is Mare Sheehan, a woman who is a policeman in her small hometown and who must solve a murder and mysterious disappearances. Mystery family drama, in the context of a population with serious social problems. The plot is compelling, with excellent acting, and with a script with surprising twists.
We are who we are.- This series directed by Luca Gudagnino (the same as “Call me by your name” and “Suspiria”), talks about the sexual awakening and the evolution of the personalities of some young people on a US Army military base on Italian soil. The protagonists are a difficult, introverted and rebellious teenager, and a reserved, but popular girl with a group of rebellious friends.
Watchmen.- Set in an alternate universe in which masked vigilantes are treated like criminals, the series uses the original comic book universe created by Alan Moore to create entirely new content.
Sex & the city.- A sex columnist, Carrie Bradshaw, and her three friends – Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda – explore the Manhattan dating scene, chronicling the habits of single New Yorkers. Humor, romance and drama are woven into the stories and relationships that the protagonists live with the opposite sex.
Succession.- A powerful fictional American family, albeit based on well-known and recognizable cases, owns an international media conglomerate. Its members face a fierce struggle for the management of the empire, despite the succession plan already established by the group’s patriarch.
Barry.- Plot of black humor about a hit man who discovers his vocation as an actor during a mission in Los Angeles. From that moment on, he will have to decide whether to do what he is good at (being a lethal and efficient hit man) but does not motivate him, or to let himself be carried away by his dream and get into the world of acting.
The wire.- A murder related to the world of drugs is being investigated in the slums of Baltimore. Police corruption, fragile loyalties within the cartels and misery linked to drug trafficking are some of the problems reported in this five-season series, considered one of the best of all time.
Los sopranos.- The six seasons of an unmissable series will be available, which critics describe as one of the best in the history of television. Chronicle of the daily life and personal and professional adventures of a mafia family living in New Jersey. Simple people but implacable in their rites and traditions. The plot is based on the confidences of the “capo” Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini) to his psychoanalyst.
House of the dragon.- Prequel to “Game of Thrones” to be released in 2022. It tells the story of the Targaryen family but 300 years before the already known events. Based on the book “Fire and Blood”, written by George RR Martin ..
Judas and the Black Messiah – Follow the crossover stories of Black Panther leader Fred Hampton and street criminal William O’Neal in the late 1960s in Chicago. He won two Oscars: for best supporting actor, for Daniel Kaluuya, and for original song, “Fight for You”.
Joker.- The troubled comedian Arthur Fleck (Joaquin Phoenix) is ignored and mistreated by the society of Gotham City, driving him to madness. His accumulated grudge sparks his alter ego, Batman’s arch enemy. He won two Oscars: lead actor for Phoenix, and best soundtrack.
Zack Snyder’s Justice League.- Director Zack Snyder’s version of The Justice League, the ill-fated DC superhero movie that in 2017 was beaten by critics and fans. Following Superman’s sacrifice, Bruce Wayne teams up with Diana Prince to recruit a team of metahumans to protect the world from an impending threat of catastrophic proportions.
Harry Potter (the complete franchise) .- All eight films in the saga will be available. The story begins when, on his birthday, Harry Potter discovers that he is the son of two well-known sorcerers, from whom he has inherited magical powers. He must attend a famous magic school, where he makes friends with two young men who will become his companions on his adventure.
Friends: the reunion.- Special program of one hour and 44 minutes with the cast of the legendary series that meets for a different recording. Companions for 10 seasons (1994-2004), they remember anecdotes from the filming, they receive celebrities and some guests who passed through the series, and they reflect on the importance of the show for them and the consequences of their enormous fame.
Other contents of:
HBO MAX ORIGINALS
– The Flight Attendant: first season in the history of flight attendant Cassandra Bowden (Kaley Cuoco), who wakes up with a corpse by her side-
– Raised by Wolves: Two androids are tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet
– Gossip Girl: The Bad Witch: reebbot de la serie de TV.
– Love Life: romantic comedy with Anna Kendrick and Peter Vack.
– And Just Like That: secuela de “Sex & the city”.
– The Sex Life of College Girls: dramatic comedy for teens created by Mindy Kaling.
– Genera+ion: drama juvenil con Justice Smith.
– Selena + Chef: a master chef teaches recipes to a special apprentice.
– Nikki Minaj Docu-Series: the life of the singer.
– Legendary: reality of a fashion competition.
– The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reunion: reunion of the protagonists of a remembered comedy.
– WW 1984: The return of Wonder Woman.
– Birds of Prey: Harley Quinn emancipates herself from the Joker and joins other fellow adventurers.
– Batman, the Dark Knight (the trilogy): the hero in his darkest and most conflicted facet.
– Stargirl: A student inspires a group of young heroes to stop the villains of the past.
– Superman + Lois: the Man of Steel and the journalist are working parents in today’s society.
– Doom Patrol: Different superheroes investigate peculiar phenomena.
– Batwoman: a heroine arrives to bring order.
HBO LEGACY + CURRENT
– Big Little Lies: praised police production, with an outstanding female cast.
– Veep: comedy about power in the United States.
– Ballers: the different faces of the world of highly competitive sports, inside and outside the stadium.
– Girls: misadventures of twenty-somethings.
– Westworld: a fake world where anything goes.
– The Undoing: policial con Nicole Kidman y Hugh Grant.
– The Nevers: strange characters with powers.
– Lovecraft Country: fantastic horror in the south of the USA.
– Beforeigners: Norwegian science fiction series.
– My Brilliant Friend: about Elena Ferrante’s novels.
– Gomorrah: portrait of the Neapolitan mafia.
– Adult Swim: entertainment for young people and adults.
– Rick and Morty: an alcoholic scientist and his grandson.