Ahead of the launch of Disney+ on Friday 12th November 2021, Disney held a special event in Taiwan this week to reveal some details on the upcoming launch.
One of the key pieces of information revealed was Disney+ price.
- Disney+ will cost NT$270 a month (around $10 a month)
- Disney+ will cost NT$2790 for a years subscription (around $100 a year).
“With the launch of Disney+ in Taiwan, consumers of all ages will have access to an endless and exciting library of entertainment content. We can’t wait to bring to consumers some of the world’s best stories from our iconic suite of brands and franchises, told by the world’s most talented creators and storytellers,” said Kerwin Lo, General Manager, The Walt Disney Company, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
At launch, Disney+ will offer an impressive selection of over 1,200 films and 16,000 episodes from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star, which includes a growing stable of local and regional content. The streaming service is home to exclusive Disney+ Originals content and specials, including Marvel Studios’ WandaVision, Loki and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier; Star Wars’ series The Mandalorian; Disney and Pixar’s Luca, National Geographic’s Secrets of the Whales, along with Hamilton and more. Star offers thousands of hours of general entertainment, from favorites to brand-new originals and exclusives.
During the event, Marvel Studios President Kevin Fiege took part in a Q&A with Taiwanese media, where he revealed that he hopes to continue to cooperate with Tony Leung.
Both the “Jungle Cruise” and “Free Guy” are confirmed to be available on Disney+ Day for the launch in Taiwan.
There was also some video messages from Hawkeye’s Hailee Steinfield, Dwayne Johnson, Jodie Corner, Emily Blunt and Pixar’s Pete Docter.
All the Disney+ content will be available with Chinese Tradition subtitles and there will also be some Asian content available under the Star brand including Yong Jiu Grocery Store, Some Day One Day, and Ip Man.
Disney has previously announced that the Disney Channel will be terminating operations in Taiwan on January 1st 2022 and Disney+ will be the home of all of this content.
Starting November 12th, Disney+ subscribers can enjoy unique content offering and exclusive original programming, including feature-length films, series, documentaries, and short-form content made exclusively for the service.
- From the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disney+ features blockbusters films from Marvel Studios, including Black Widow, Avengers: Endgame, and Avengers: Infinity War. Also available are popular exclusive Disney+ Original series, including the Emmy Award-winning WandaVision, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Loki, What If…? and Hawkeye, premiering exclusively on Disney+ in November 2021. More to come, including Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight.
- As the home to a massive collection of unforgettable movies, be it animation or live-action, Disney is now opening its doors to its treasure trove of live-action remakes to animations including Jungle Cruise, Cruella, Aladdin, Frozen, Zootopia, and Raya and The Last Dragon.
- Apart from the heartwarming and inspiring feature films from Pixar Animation Studios such as the Toy Story series, Inside Out, Soul and Luca, there will be spin-offs from the hit Pixar film, including a collection of all-new short stories such as Forky Asks A Question and 22 vs. Earth.
- Star brings a collection of renowned general entertainment series, movies, and documentaries for families, older teens, and adults. This includes the recipient of the 2007 Golden Globe Award for Best Drama Television Series, Grey’s Anatomy; Emmy Award-winning The Walking Dead; Star Originals Only Murders in the Building and Y: The Last Man. Adding to the service is a fabulous lineup of local content such as Someday or One Day, Yong-Jia Grocery Store, popular films including Ip Man 4: The Finale and More Than Blue.
- Disney+ will be home to many highly anticipated Disney+ Originals, including the Star Wars series The Mandalorian; concert film Happier Than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles featuring Grammy Award-winning artist Billie Eilish; Pixar animated series Monsters at Work, and high-quality educational content from National Geographic such as Shark Beach with Chris Hemsworth, Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted, and Free Solo.
Subscribers will be able to enjoy the Disney+ experience anytime, anywhere on a wide selection of mobile and connected TV devices at launch, including smartphones and tablets (Android or iOS,) gaming consoles (PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S,) and smart TV and connected TV devices (Google TV and other Android TV OS, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD, Chromecast, Hisense TV with latest firmware version, LG TV, and Samsung Tizen models from 2016 or newer).
Disney+ offers high-quality and commercial-free viewing, up to four concurrent streams, downloads of content on up to 10 devices, personalized recommendations, and the ability to set up to seven different user profiles per account, including the ability for parents to set Kids Profiles that create an easy-to-navigate, child-friendly interface to access age-appropriate content. Subscribers can additionally watch any title on Disney+ with family and friends virtually through the GroupWatch feature.
Are you excited about Disney+ launching in Taiwan?
Thanks to FILMemesTW for additional information
Many Thanks To The following Website For This Valuable Content.
Disney+ Taiwan Launch Pricing Announced