By Marc Engelhard
Farewell but not goodbye. More than 200 personalities accompanied General Philippe Loiacono during an emotionally charged ceremony.
The ritual is immutable under the gilding of the Hotel Vitta, avenue Foch in Lyon 6. Every three years, Lyon accompanies its military governor to the end of his career before welcoming the new one (his appointment will be effective before the parade of 14 July). The last two shifts had a special flavor because of the personality of the general officers in question.
Lyon had liked very much Pierre Chavancy, converted into civilian life at Michelin; Lyon loved it Philippe Loiacono. Landed in 2018, the general from Castres – where he put on his first khaki outfit in 1980 – made a lasting impression on minds and hearts. “An astonishing and explosive general” who, in his 40-year career, has distinguished himself in all the theaters of operation where France was involved.
“The soldier of the sun”
Present in Lyon for this particular day, the highest ranking officer of the army was not mistaken: “Gathered together at the end of the afternoon while the day is slowly beginning to wane, we are about to say goodbye to a sun soldier. Despite the emotion that grips our hearts to see an officer of your caliber leave active service, this agenda will not be sad. He cannot be sad because as always, General, in spite of your silence, even frozen to attention, your enthusiasm remains communicative. »Announcement Thierry Burkhard, Chief of Staff of the Army (CEMAT).
General Burkhard also recalled General Philippe Loiacono’s commitment over the past 3 years in Lyon, where he had been appointed on July 1, 2018 as military governor of Lyon, general officer of the South-East defense and security zone ( OGZDS) and Land South-East zone commander: “you have never ceased to help protect the Lyonnais, the inhabitants of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region against the dangerousness of everyday life, by constantly worrying about the optimal efficiency of the Sentinel and Resilience systems. “
“Through your action, also memorial, the link between the Armies and the Nation has been particularly strengthened”
Words applauded by the many personalities present, foremost among them the honorary mayor of Lyon Gerard Collomb, the prosecutor Nicolas jacquet, the industrialist Alain Merieux and the Prefect of Region Pascal Mailhos : “I have met many general officers during my career. I had to arrive in Lyon to find both a great chef and a friend ”.
In his thanks, the general “bad boy” as he defines himself, assured to regret nothing of his “41 years of fullness, serenity and sometimes a lump in the stomach”. A career marked with the seal of the triptych “Commitment – youth – confidence” which he declined at length before paying tribute to his parents present in the audience, to his first chief warrant officer Troadec, at attention to you too and of course to his wife Evelyne : “You must have liked bad boys. You are my compass and my rock! “
“To be and to have been is essential”
Hyperactive, General Philippe Loiacono does not intend to stay sprawled on his sofa. He chose to pitch his tent in Lyon and join the Vicat group, run by the family Sidos. The French cement manufacturer has already entrusted it with an analysis and supervision mission in its largest factory in… Mauritania! His package is already ready for a second concrete career! See you soon, General!
Thank you to the guides for taking off their masks for a souvenir photo.
Thursday, May 27, 2021
1. Lieutenant-Colonel Lionel Guy, advice and communication from General Loiacono and Marco Polisson, editor-in-chief of Lyon People
2. Jean-Louis Joly, CEO of MEDEF Lyon Rhône), Monsignor François Duthel, parish priest of La Rédemption and Sophie Sidos (Vicat)
3. Alain Audouard, president of the Rhône Chamber of Trades and Crafts and Gilles Courteix, president of MEDEF Lyon Rhône
4. Guy Sidos, CEO of Vicat and Father Olivier Artus, Rector of the Catholic University of Lyon
5. Christophe Marguin, president of Toques Blanches Lyonnaises, Nicole Marguin (The President) and Maître André Soulier, lawyer
6. Thierry Bruel, Colonel Gilles Coulougnon and his wife Saphy
7. Marie-Christine Herrbach, Consul of Luxembourg and Hugues Pouzet, Consul of Estonia
8. Alice de Malliard, regional councilor, Marie-Christine Herrbach, Luxembourg consul, Hugues Pouzet, Estonian consul and Gérard Herrbach
9. François Turcas, president of CPME, Armand Bahadourian and Jo Reina (CPME)
10. Maître Jean-Marie Chanon, lawyer and Serge Bruhat, vice-president of LOU Rugby
11. Evelyne Haguenauer, Marc Fraysse (United France) and Laurence Ponsonnet, correspondent for Progress
12. Géraud d’Humieres, Deputy Secretary General for Regional Affairs, Alain Sebban, President of the Lyon Consistory and former prosecutor Jean-Olivier Viout
13. The association of flag carriers of Lyon and its president Marino Marques
14. Khaled Bachir, Didier Beteten, Deputy CEO of Vicat and Patrick Iliou, CEO Olympique Lyonnais
15. Christophe Marguin (The President), Gisèle Lombard (Le Progrès) and Marco Polisson, editor-in-chief of Lyon People
16. Aline Sam-Giao, Managing Director of the Auditorium and the National Orchestra of Lyon, Francis Thomine, Managing Director Groupama Aura and Sophie Sidos (Vicat)
17. Guy Sidos, CEO of Vicat, Florence Verney-Carron, vice-president of the Region and Etienne Blanc, senator of the Rhône
18. Gérard Collomb, honorary mayor of Lyon, Evelyne Haguenauer and Alain Merieux, CEO of the Biomérieux Group
19. Yan Roubert, President of LOU Rugby and Paul Maurice Morel, associate director of the Paul Bocuse group
20. Patrick Iliou, CEO Olympique Lyonnais, Olivier Ginon, CEO of GL Events and Francis Thomine, CEO Groupama Aura
21. Patrick Iliou, DG Olympique Lyonnais and Yan Roubert, President of LOU Rugby
22. General Philippe Loiacono, military governor of Lyon and Alain Merieux, CEO of Groupe Biomérieux
23. Gilles Courteix, president of MEDEF Lyon Rhône, Anne Brugnera, deputy of the 4th district of Rhône and Jean-Louis Joly, DG of MEDEF Lyon Rhône
24. Marco Polisson (Lyon People) and Myriam Malher (Rolls Royce Bentley Club de Lyon)
25. Armand Bahadourian, General Philippe Loiacono, military governor of Lyon and Gérard Collomb, honorary mayor of Lyon
26. Evelyne Haguenauer, General Philippe Loiacono, military governor of Lyon and Marc Fraysse, president of United France
27. Olivier Ginon, CEO of GL Events, General Philippe Loiacono, military governor of Lyon and Gérard Collomb, honorary mayor of Lyon
28. Christophe and Nicole Marguin (The President) and General Philippe Loiacono, military governor of Lyon
29. The architect Didier Reppelin, General Philippe Loiacono, military governor of Lyon and Monsignor François Duthel, parish priest of La Rédemption
30. General Philippe Loiacono, military governor of Lyon surrounded by his parents and his wife Evelyne
31. Thomas Rudigoz, deputy of the Rhône, General Philippe Loiacono, military governor of Lyon and Khaled Bachir
32. A quarteron of senior officers to accompany their colleague and their friend
33. Christian Thermoz, 1st deputy mayor of the 6th district, Christophe Marguin, president of Toques Blanches Lyonnaises, Nicole Marguin (The President), General Philippe Loiacono, Florence Verney-Carron, vice-president of the Region and Etienne Blanc, senator of the Rhône