April 7, 2020 at 7:45 p.m. by Emmanuel Bernard
We recently ranked the richest NBA franchise owners, pointing to Steve Ballmer (Los Angeles Clippers) for the occasion as the world number in all disciplines. Forbes magazine has compiled the top 20 in sport and on the podium are present the Pinaults as a family, at the head of Stade Rennais in Ligue 1.
Stade Rennais has the richest owners in world football
But they especially watch over the Kering empire centered on the luxury trade. We have already mentioned their fortune, although they have been affected by the current crisis, they are based on a heritage estimated at 27 billion dollars at the beginning of April, or nearly 25 billion euros. On the scale of all the powerful of this world François Pinault and his family are in the top 30 of the biggest fortunes in the world.
Dmitri Rybolovlev also enters the top 20 richest
Between them and Steve Ballmer, slips Indian businessman Mukesh Ambani, to whom the Mumbai Indians cricket team belongs. In the top 20 of Forbes is also present Dmitri Rybolovlev, for another famous personality in Ligue 1, since he leads AS Monaco. The Russian businessman is sixteenth with a fortune of $ 6.6 billion.
The 10 richest sports club owners in the world
1. Steve Ballmer (Clippers de Los Angeles) = 52,7 Mrd$
2. Mukesh Ambani (Mumbai Indians) = 36,8 Mrd$
3. Pinault family (Stade Rennais) = $ 27 billion
4. Dietrich Mateschitz (Red Bull Salzburg, New York, Leipzig, Racing, Scuderia AlphaTauri) = $ 16.5 billion
5. Hasso Plattner (Sharks de San José) = 12,4 Mrd $
6. David Tepper (Panthers de la Caroline) = 12 Mrd $
7. Roman Abramovitch (Chelsea) = 11.3 Mrd$
8. Philip Anschutz (Kings de Los Angeles, LA Galaxy) = $ 11 billion
10=. Stanley Kroenke (Rams de Los Angeles, Arsenal, Nuggets de Denver, Avalanche du Colorado, Rapids du Colorado) = 10 Mrd$
10=. Joseph Tsai (Nets de Brooklyn) = 10 Mrd$