4 April 2020 at 15:50 by Thomas
Before, the NBA was a successful league boosted by record TV contracts, increasingly internationally oriented, with China as the regions to win. But that was before. That the Asian country is quarreling with America and its basketball, for a tweet from the CEO of the Houston Rockets. And before the Coronavirus crisis paralyzes the whole planet and its sporting events. Right now, NBA franchises are worth less than the $ 2.86 billion estimated on average by Forbes at the very start of the year. When everything was still going well.
Steve Ballmer richest owner in world sport
Those who hold the strings, the purse and the teams have strong backs, for the ten at least the most fortunate. Forbes figures prove it, noting, however, that the estimates go back to the weeks before the current health disaster, all over the planet. With Steve Ballmer in the lead, the former CEO of Microsoft is at the head of a fortune given to 47.6 billion euros, he is as such the ninth richest person in the world. And the first, regarding team owners, all sports combined.
10 billion the average fortune of the top 10 owners of the NBA
On average, the 10 “big bosses” of the NBA accumulate 107 billion euros, or about ten on average per head, as have almost Joseph Tsai at the Brooklyn Nets or Stan Kroenke in Denver. The latter is an influential player in the sports world, also a shareholder of the Colorado Rapids (MLS), the Colorado Avalanche (NHL), the Colorado Mammoth (NLL), the Los Angeles Rams (NFL) and part of the Arsenal Gunners.
The richest NBA franchise owners
10. Mark Cuban (Dallas Mavericks) = € 4 billion
9. Tilman Fertitta (Houston Rockets) = 4,1 Mrd €
8. Micky Arison (Miami Heat) = 4,9 Mrd €
7. Tom Gores (Detroit Pistons) = 5,3 Mrd €
6. Daniel Gilbert (Cleveland Cavaliers) = 5,7 Mrd €
5. Robert Pera (Memphis Grizzlies) = 6,6 Mrd €
4. Joseph Tsai (Brooklyn Nets) = 9,2 Mrd €
3. Stan Kroenke (Denver Nuggets) = €9.3 Billion
2. Philip Anschutz (Los Angeles Lakers) = 10,4 Mrd €
1. Steve Ballmer (Los Angeles Clippers) = 47,6 Mrd €