– Raiders: defensive coordinator Ken Norton fired
Dwight Freeney cut off by the Seahawks
Author of 3 sacks and 4 matches, Dwight Freeney (DE) was however cut by the Seahawks on Tuesday. The 37-year-old was signed on October 25, notably to compensate for Cliff Avril’s injury. If this decision is surprising from a sporting point of view, it can in particular be explained by the savings in payroll that it will offer to Seattle. Freeney had signed for a million dollars, with a bonus of 8,000 greenbacks per game played. The Seahawks are the team with the least payroll space, at $ 150,505.
Jalen Collins will not return to Atlanta
Jalen Collins (CB) missed the first ten games of the season due to a doping suspension, and the Falcons have decided they’re doing great without him. Tuesday evening, they announced the dismissal of the cornerback. Choice of the second round in 2015, Collins remains a talented player who could interest a lot of franchises.
Jerry Jones calms down (a little)
Jerry Jones will not attack the owners charged with bringing Roger Goodell’s contract to court. On Tuesday, the owner told USA Today that he no longer plans to go to court. But that does not mean that he will let them work, since he now wants the commissioner’s contract to be negotiated by all the owners, and no longer just the committee of 6 men who had nevertheless been appointed by the whole. of the owners.
Jones continues to assure that his aggression has nothing to do with the suspension of Ezekiel Elliott.
Bye bye Brock
In a few days, Brock Osweiler (QB, Broncos) moved from the incumbent position to the bottom of the workforce. According to 9News, it is indeed Trevor Siemian (QB) who will be number two in the next match, behind new incumbent Paxton Lynch (QB). Osweiler is therefore the third man again.
– JuJu Smith Schuster (WR, Steelers) suffers from a small hamstring injury. Mike Tomlin announced on Tuesday that the receiver will be monitored by club medics throughout the week. Tomlin assured that training is important for the rookies. Smith-Schuster will therefore have to recover quickly.
– The Seahawks will find Luke Joeckel (OT). Monday, in his radio show, Pete Carroll in any case announced that there “a very good chance” that the tackle will return after five games of absence following a knee operation. The guard Oday Aboushi (OG) will however be absent due to a dislocation of the shoulder.
– Cameron Sutton (CB, Steelers) was activated by his team. He had been on the injury list with an hamstring injury since the end of the preseason. Sutton was selected in the third round of the last Draft.
– Shawn Lauvao (OG, Redskins) has been placed on the injured list for the remainder of the season. He suffers from a neck injury.
– Texans recover former Cardinals runner Andre Ellington (RB) on the waiver. He will help fill the absence of D’onta Foreman (RB) following his Achilles tendon injury. Houston also cut Josh Johnson (QB).
– According to the Houston Chronicle, the Saints signed Sterling Moore (CB) et Dexter McDougle (CB). They also officially placed Alex Okafor (DE) on the injured list.
– Datone Jones (DL) was cut by the 49ers.
– Recovered in a trade with the Seahawks for 5th and 7th round picks, Cassius March (DE) failed to make a place for himself with the Patriots, who cut him off on Tuesday. He made 14 tackles and 1 sack in 9 games played for New England, including one as a starter.
Chris Johnson amer
Visibly embittered to have been let go by the Cardinals, Chris Johnson (RB) has decided to let go on social networks. In recent days, the runner has obviously taken great pleasure in commenting on the woes of the franchise, especially on the offensive line.
“AZ is looking for new receivers. Hopefully they’re looking for some new linemen as well, something that could really help the franchise this time around. “
His former teammates will appreciate it.