News event ZEvent: ZeratoR shows you where the money goes!
You may have participated in the fundraising of the ZEvent last October, for the benefit of Action against Hunger. ZeratoR, Dach, Action contre la Faim and the media Brut now show you what the money is for, on the occasion of a video shot in the Central African Republic.
€10,064,480is the colossal amount of donations made to Action Against Hunger during ZEvent 2021. The association Action contre la Faim shows in a video shot by Brut at ZeratoR and Dach where the money went.
Seven areas of expertise for Action Against Hunger
Thanks to the generosity of the communities of French-speaking streamers, here is what has been accomplished. The last Z Event raised more than 10 million euros for Action Against Hunger. Brut followed ZeratoR in the Central African Republic to see what these donations were used for.
Description of the video by Brut
The Brut media followed ZeratoR and Dach in the Central African Republic. The two men, organizers of France’s annual Twitch charity marathon, traveled to the Central African Republic with Action against Hunger to understand how the funds raised are used. The opportunity for the streamer and his lifelong sidekick, to meet the people they help indirectly by raising funds through their community. The Central African Republic is one of the countries most affected by malnutrition, and benefits from assistance from the NGO which focuses on seven areas which do not only concern food:
- Nutrition and health
- Food Security and Livelihoods
- Water, sanitation and hygiene
- Mental health, psychosocial support and protection
The report clearly shows that it is not not only to feed the populations. Action against Hunger identifies malnourished people, psychological and social support populations, etc.
Donations will go to 16 countries, from Madagascar to France
The Central African Republic is one of the poorest countries in the world: more than 60% of Central Africans depend on humanitarian aid and it is estimated that more than 40% of the population are food insecure. Thanks to donations from Z Event, we will be able to strengthen our support for the Pediatric Center of Bangui.
Half of the Central African population lives in Bangui. It is therefore necessary to continue to support this center as well as the nutritional centers of the city. The objective is to be able to take care of 3,500 children suffering from severe acute malnutrition. We will also train 53 health personnel from Bangui and 21 health teachers and more than 500 students in medicine, nursing and paramedical professions in the management of severe malnutrition as well as in psychology.
Action against Hunger
By including the Central African Republic, Action contre la Faim explains on its website that it has already identified twenty projects that will all receive a share of ZEvent 2021 donations, in sixteen countries where the NGO operates. You can find all the actions of ACF carried out thanks to donations from ZEvent on this dedicated site. Among other things, ZEvent donations will be used concretely to :
- Support for the Bangui pediatric center, support for Alindao hospital and agricultural recovery in Ouham, in the Central African Republic
- Strengthen the capacities of preparation and response to hazards due to the climate crisis, and prevention of undernutrition, in Madagascar
- Support for entrepreneurs in urban agriculture, in Ivory Coast
- Prevention of undernutrition, in Burkina Faso
- Reinforcement of the nutritional stabilization center, in particular for Rohingya refugees, in Bangladesh
- Guarantee access to health, treat and prevent undernutrition, in Yemen
- Enhancing food security through the development of neglected and underutilized crop production in Nepal
- Improve the health and nutritional status of children and mothers, in Pakistan
- Help with hygiene and water needs, and psychosocial support for displaced people, in myanmar
- Securing the water supply, and improving access to hygiene and menstrual health, in Jordan
- Response to immediate needs for water, hygiene and protection against COVID-19, in Libya
- Promotion of sustainable agriculture to ensure food security, in Iraq
- Reduce poverty and food insecurity in the country by promoting groundnut cultivation, and improve access to health, in Sierra Leone
- Diversifying Farm Family Livelihoods and Strengthening Poultry Production in Zimbabwe
- Deployment of a mobile clinic, in Cameroon
- Improve access to food for people in precarious situations, in France
Following the storms in #Madagascar from the beginning of 2022, our teams set up a 3-month emergency operation with our local partner ASOS.
On the program: nutrition, health, rehabilitation of drinking water & hygiene.
— ActionContreLaHunger (@ACF_France) April 8, 2022
It should be noted that Action Against Hunger works also currently actively helping Ukrainian refugees.
🤝 Our teams continue to support displaced populations in #Ukraine 🇺🇦 and in its neighboring countries.
— ActionContreLaHunger (@ACF_France) April 12, 2022
- Action contre la Faim: What will the ZEvent donations be used for?
In July 2021, Action contre la Faim listed up to 811 million people suffering from hunger in the world, a figure on the rise for the fifth consecutive year. The NGO estimates that this figure could still be 660 million people in 2030, in part due to the lasting effects of the global pandemic.
By Damien ScalettaWriting jeuxvideo.com
We want to give thanks to the author of this write-up for this awesome web content
ZEvent: ZeratoR shows you where the money goes!