HISTORY-GEO EMC. The history-geography subject of the 2021 patent relates to “low density areas” in France. On the history part, the third grade students were asked about the “cold war”. The answer key is also available.
- The history-geography subject of the 2021 patent of the general series is available in its entirety further down on this page, thanks to our partnership with the specialized site Studyrama.fr.
- The history and geography answer for the general series is also available on our page, also provided by our partner Studyrama.
- The EMC history-geography test (Moral and civic education) opened on the 2nd and last day of the written tests for the 2021 French patent. Candidates were assessed from 9 am to 11 am.
- The subject this year in geography is “Low density areas and their assets”, with a text by geographer Magali Reghezza-Zitt, to be analyzed, an extract from the Haut-jura tourist guide.
- The history part covers the Cold War as well as the “highlights of the second half of the 20th century in France, Europe and the world”.
- The subject of moral and civic education relates to “the exercise of the values and principles of the Republic in the municipality”.
12:00 – Subject of the EMC history-geo patent: the EMC exercise in detail
For exercise 3 of the history-geo EMC subject of the 2021 patent (general series), marked out of 10 points, it was necessary to “Mobilize skills relating to moral and civic education”. The practical situation to be dealt with was “The exercise of the values and principles of the Republic in the municipality”, with the help of the following documents:
- Document 1: “Public policies on a daily basis.” (taken from the official website of a city)
- Document 2: an extract from the Constitution of the Fifth Republic
The questions were as follows: on document 1, 1 / What is the objective of the creation of the municipal children’s council? ; 2 / Name an action put in place by the city’s communal social action center.
On documents 1 and 2: 3 / Explain which value (s) and which principle of the Republic the missions of the municipal social action center of the city make it possible to apply. Justify your answer. ; 4 / You are a member of the municipal youth council of your municipality, choose a value or a principle of the Republic and present actions that could allow them to come to life in your daily life.
11:45 – Which subject of the EMC history-geo patent had “fallen” to the 2021 French patent for Lebanon and Pondicherry?
In Lebanon and Pondicherry, students from French centers abroad take their DNB examinations in preview. On June 15, in the history-geo / EMC patent of Pondicherry (common to that of the French centers in Lebanon), the students had to deal, in geography, “The territorial dynamics of contemporary France” and in history ” Europe, a major theater of total wars (1914-1945) “. In EMC, the theme addressed was that of parity in politics. Finally, a frieze had to be completed in the appendix, going from 1914 to 1919.
11:28 – Subject of the EMC history-geo patent: the history exercise in detail
In exercise 2 of the subject of the EMC 2021 history-geography patent (general series), marked out of 20 points, the candidates had for mission to show, in History, their “Mastery of different languages to reason and use historical references “.
- For’constructed development exercise (in other words, argued), on 14 points, the theme on which the floor was “A bipolar world at the time of the cold war”. It was about “Writing a development built of about twenty lines to show how the two blocks clash during the cold war”. It was specified at the end of the instruction: “You can rely on examples studied in class”
- For the annex part, it was necessary to complete and annotate a chronological frieze grouping together “some highlights of the second half of the 20th century in France, in Europe and in the world”. More concretely, 1 / indicate in each frame of the frieze the year in which the event takes place. Then, connect each frame to the corresponding year on the frieze. 2 / to place the Cold War on the frieze, clearly indicating the start date and the end date of this period. 3 / to indicate in the space provided for this purpose, an important event of the second half of the 20th century studied in class. Then, link this event to the corresponding year on the timeline.
11:08 – The EMC 2021 history-geo patent test has ended. Read the full subject!
The third common written test out of 4 for candidates passing their college certificate this year ended a few minutes ago. Consult the subject of the EMC history-geo patent (general series) for free and in full further down this page, using the summary above to access it. The answer key will be available below the subject a little later in the day.
10:59 – Subject of the EMC history-geo patent: the geography exercise in detail
For the general series, exercise 1 and its mission, “Analyzing and understanding documents in geography”, scored out of 20 points, therefore had the theme “Low density areas and their assets”. The students had to rely on two documents:
- The first, on the renewal of rural territories in France, with a text entitled “France in its territories” by geographer Magali Reghezza (2017).
- The second document, an extract from the tourist guide “pass’malin du Haut-Jura”
Regarding the questions, the candidates had to, based on document 1, 1 / Identify two difficulties encountered by low density areas in France. 2 / Note a passage in the text showing that accessibility is a major issue for low density spaces. 3 / Explain how tourist activity energizes these rural areas.
Based on document 2, they had to say 4 / “what is the purpose of the authors of the document?” and justify their response.
Based on documents 2 and 3, they finally had to 5 / “show that low density spaces have many advantages which make them attractive today”.
10:47 – The subject of the 2021 EMC history-geography patent is known!
Studyrama has just provided the subject of the 2021 EMC history-geography certificate. In general, for this 2-hour test out of 50 points, the pupils worked, in exercise 1 of commentary study, on “Geography – Low density spaces and their assets “; in exercise 2 of reasoned development, on”History – A bipolar world at the time of the cold war “with as an appendix a chronological timeline to be completed on” History – Some highlights of the second half of the 20th century in France, in Europe and in the world “; and finally, in exercise 3 ofEMC, as a practical situation, “The exercise of the values and principles of the Republic in the municipality”.
Find out more
As soon as they are published, the subjects of the EMC 2021 history-geo patent are posted below thanks to our partner Studyrama. The particularity of the subjects of this test? They are broken down into three parts, each corresponding to one of the subjects of this block (history, geography or moral and civic education). The posting of subjects online by specialized sites makes it possible to consult them free of charge and in their entirety, sometimes even before the end of the test. Discover the subject of the EMC history-geography patent in real time:
They are carried out by teachers of the disciplines of the test in question. The answers to the EMC 2021 history-geo patent are published below in real time through our partnership with the specialized site Studyrama. The idea is to get an idea of the form that a successful copy of the test can take, while knowing that there are obviously for certain questions or parts of the test several possible ways of doing it. Consult the answer sheet for the EMC 2021 history-geography exam for free and in full:
The history-geography and moral and civic education test of the DNB lasts 2 hours and is divided into 3 different exercises. It is scored on 50 points (against 100 points for mathematics, and 100 points for French): 20 points for history, 20 points for geography, 10 points for EMC. What are the exercises?
- The first is a document study. Candidates must answer 5 questions, including the subject of the document, its context, date and author. There are also three questions that you have to find the answers to in the distributed document, supplementing with your knowledge.
- The second exercise is a argued paragraph. It should be about twenty lines with an introduction, a development, and a conclusion. Subsequently, depending on the discipline, the candidates have a geography map or a chronological timeline to complete.
- For’EMC testyou have to read and study two or three documents and answer a few questions.