The Ballon d’Or awards ceremony, which honors the best footballer of the calendar year, takes place in Paris today. Can Robert Lewandowski take home the trophy this year? Here you can follow the entire event in the live ticker.
This article will be updated continuously. Click here to refresh the page.
Ballon d’Or: Awarded NOW in the live ticker
8:59 p.m .: Now it’s about the first “special prize” of the evening, namely the best goalscorer of the year. Of course, the award goes to Robert Lewandowski, who broke Gerd Müller’s record with 41 goals last season.
8:52 p.m .: In memory of the deceased soccer legends Diego Maradona and Gerd Müller, a video with their career highlights will be played.
8.48 p.m.: The Kopa trophy goes to Pedri (FC Barcelona). It didn’t take the Spaniard long to integrate into his first season. The 19-year-old played 37 league games last season and scored three times. He also established himself in the Spanish national team.
8.47 p.m .: The Kopa Trophy for the best U21 player is awarded first. With Jamal Musiala (FC Bayern Munich) and Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen), two Germans are among the nominees. There are also two other Bundesliga players, Jude Bellingham and Giovani Reyna (both Borussia Dortmund).
8.46 p.m .: For this, Fabio Cannavaro is now asked to take the stage.
8.45 p.m .: After Pedri and Kylian Mbappe each sign a jersey for the pilot, they leave the stage.
8.42 p.m .: The two cup winners are Formula 1 drivers Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon.
8:37 p.m .: The trophies are now carried into the hall by the two men with helmets, while the nominees are presented on the screen.
8:32 p.m .: The show starts. Also this year, Chelsea legend Didier Drogba and Sandy Heribert are directing the event.
8:16 p.m .: Before we finally get started, let’s take a quick look at the ten players who are still fighting for the Ballon d’Or: Jorginho (FC Chelsea), Gianluigi Donnarumma (Paris Saint-Germain), Robert Lewandowski (FC Bayern Munich), Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City), N’Golo Kanté (FC Chelsea), Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain) and Mohamed Wrong (FC Liverpool).
8:12 p.m .: Lionel Messi has now also arrived, accompanied by “Messi, Messi” choirs. He and his family climb the red carpet.
8:05 p.m .: Gianluigi Donnarumma, Kylian Mbappe, Luis Suarez, Fabio Cannavaro (Ballon d’Or winner 2006) and other stars are slowly filling the Théâtre du Châtelet. The waiting is going to end soon.
7.45 p.m .: Ballon d’Or initiator Pascal Ferre had claimed in the run-up to the ceremony that Cristiano Ronaldo’s main goal should be to end his career with “more Ballon d’Ors than Messi”. In one Instagram-Post the Portuguese has now sharply criticized Ferre’s statement. “Pascal Ferre lied, he used my name to promote himself and the publication he works for.” here you can learn more about this topic.
7:39 p.m .: Now the Bayern delegation arrives. Coach Julian Nagelsmann, sports director Hasan Salihamidzic and CEO Oliver Kahn have arrived in Paris. Immediately behind is Robert Lewandowski.
7:27 p.m .: Not only the participants, but also the trophies themselves make their way into the hall. The coveted trophies are transported in the trunk of a sports car in which two people are sitting wearing helmets.
7.18pm: From the perspective of FC Bayern Munich, today everything revolves around its star striker Robert Lewandowski, who is one of the favorites for the trophy. So it is logical that the Bayern bosses keep their fingers crossed for him. “Get the thing,” wrote CEO Oliver Kahn on twitter.
7:08 p.m .: The participants slowly arrive and go to the Théâtre du Châtelet. For example, Milan’s Simon Kjaer has been spotted. The Dane gave a short interview.
- 11th place: Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund): Then the time has come: Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland makes it to eleventh place on the Ballon d’Or list. As in this season, the Norwegian superstar was Dortmund’s life insurance company last season. The striker scored an unbelievable 27 goals in 28 league games and ten goals in the Champions League last season for the Black and Yellows.
- Platz 12: Romelu Lukaku (FC Chelsea): The Belgian was still chasing goals for Inter Milan last season. His 24 league goals helped the Milanese win their first championship title in ten years. Lukaku moved to Chelsea in the summer.
- Platz 13: Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus Turin): Bonucci’s partner in central defense – both at Juve and in the Italian national team – Chiellini follows immediately.
- Platz 14: Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus Turin): The season with Juventus ended rather disappointingly after no more than fourth place was possible and the Champions League places had to be fought for until the end. But the European Championship title made everything up for Italy.
- Platz 15: Raheem Sterling (Manchester City): The first half is through. City player number four Raheem Sterling makes it to 15th place.
- Platz 16: Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain): The Brazilian has been a permanent guest at the Ballon d’Or event for years. This year it is “only” enough for 16th place.
- Platz 17: Luis Suarez (Atletico Madrid): Kjaer is followed by the next player to convince in his first season at the new club. After moving from Barcelona to Atletico Madrid, Suarez immediately won the championship and was even the top scorer for the Rojiblancos.
- 18th place: Simon Kjaer (AC Milan): In his first season at AC Milan, the 32-year-old was a regular player from the start and accordingly helped to achieve a sensational second place in Serie A. With the Danish national team, Kjaer made it to the semifinals of the EM last summer.
- Platz 19: Mason Mount (FC Chelsea): Mount has had a strong 2020/21 season and successfully played football both in the club and in the national team. With Chelsea FC he won the Champions League title, with England he narrowly failed in the European Championship final against Italy.
- 20th place: Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City): The Algerian is already the third Manchester City player to know about his placement. Two city stars will follow tonight.
- 21st place: Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan) and Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United): Lautaro Martinez and Bruno Fernandes could barely crack the top 20. The two share place 21.
5.18pm: This year two titles that have never been awarded before will be awarded. According to information from SPOX and GOAL there are two: best club of the year and best goalscorer of the year.
- 23rd place: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur): The Englishman is anything but an outstanding season, but in 2020/21 it looked very different – 23rd place.
- 24th place: Pedri (FC Barcelona): At just 19, Barca jewel Pedri is the youngest of the 30 nominees. The Spaniard lands on a strong 24th place.
- 25th place: Phil Foden (Manchester City): All alone, Pep Guardiola’s favorite Phil Foden secured 25th place.
- 26th place: Nicolo Barella (Inter Mailand), Ruben Dias (Manchester City) and Gerard Moreno (Villarreal): The trio Barella, Dias, Moreno followed in 26th place.
- Platz 29: Cesar Azpilicueta (FC Chelsea) und Luka Modric (Real Madrid): Azpilicueta and Modric share 29th place. The 2018 Ballon d’Or winner is a little way away from first place, but Modric was still among the nominees at the age of 36.
Before start: Before the event finally starts in the evening, the back seats will be announced first. The first results have just been published.
Before start: The Ballon d’Or will be awarded for the 65th time this evening. Lionel Messi is the current Ballon d’Or laureate. He was awarded the prize for the best footballer of the calendar year in 2019. There was no gala last year because of the corona pandemic and its impact on football. Above all, there was resentment from those around FC Bayern Munich, who wanted Robert Lewandowski to be crowned the best footballer of the year last year. But again this year the Pole has excellent chances of clearing the trophy.
Before start: Hello and welcome to the live ticker of the Ballon d’Or awards.
Ballon d’Or: Award ceremony today on TV and livestream
The Ballon d’Or will be featured exclusively on TV tonight Sky be visible. Ontoky Sport News (HD) you can see the event live and in full length from 8 p.m. Around Sky Sport News (HD) to receive, you need a paid one SkySubscription
If you want to see the Ballon d’Or in the livestream today, there are a few options. Sky even shows its transmission on its website in a free live stream. That also applies to ServusTV, there you can only see the award ceremony from 6.45 p.m. in the original English commentary.
on Youtube Today’s awarding of the Ballon d’Or can also be seen: namely on the channel of the French sports newspaper The Team.
Ballon d’Or: Award ceremony today in the live ticker – an overview of the nominated players
|César Azpilicueta||FC Chelsea||Spain|
|Nicolo Barella||Inter Milan||Italy|
|Karim Benzema||Real Madrid||France|
|Leonardo Bonucci||Juventus Turin||Italy|
|Kevin de Bruyne||Manchester City||Belgium|
|Giorgio Chiellini||Juventus Turin||Italy|
|Cristiano Ronaldo||Juventus Turin / Manchester United||Portugal|
|Ruben Dias||Manchester City||Portugal|
|Gianluigi Donnarumma||AC Mailand / Paris Saint-Germain||Italy|
|Bruno Fernandes||Manchester United||Portugal|
|Phil Foden||Manchester City||England|
|Erling Haaland||Borussia Dortmund||Norway|
|Harry Kane||Tottenham Hotspur||England|
|N’golo Kante||FC Chelsea||France|
|Simon kjaer||AC Milan||Denmark|
|Robert Lewandowski||FC Bayern Munich||Poland|
|Romelu Lukaku||Inter Mailland / FC Chelsea||Belgium|
|Riyad Mahrez||Manchester City||Algeria|
|Lautaro Martinez||Inter Milan||Argentina|
|Kylian Mbappe||Paris Saint Germain||France|
|Lionel Messi||FC Barcelona / Paris Saint-Germain||Argentina|
|Luka Modric||Real Madrid||Croatia|
|Gerard Moreno||FC Villarreal||Spain|
|Mason Mount||FC Chelsea||England|
|Neymar||Paris Saint Germain||Brazil|
|Mohamed Salah||FC Liverpool||Egypt|
|Raheem Sterling||Manchester City||England|
|Luis Suarez placeholder image||Atletico Madrid||Uruguay|
We wish to thank the writer of this article for this incredible web content
Ballon d’Or: Awarded NOW in the live ticker