Is Kimi Räikkönen’s time in F1 over?
According to the latest talk in the depot, he will be replaced by Mick Schumacher in 2022.
The former world champion from Finland turns 41 this autumn. He has no contract for 2022 and has only taken one point this year. Admittedly, it is as little as his colleague Antonio Giovanazzi – who also has no contract for 2022.
This means that the rumor mill about Alfa Romeo’s driver in 2022 has already started.
The hottest rumor is that Kimi Räikkönen or Antonnio Giovanazzi will be replaced by Mick Schumacher, who this year will make his first season with Haas.
Schumacher is the son of Michael Schumacher who won five World Cup titles with Ferrari, he is part of Ferrari’s driver academy and his future is in the hands of the team.
Therefore, it is now being talked about whether Alfa Romeo, which also has a close collaboration with Ferrari, will be the next stop for Mick Schumacher.
– My head is here and now. What happens next year no one can answer now, you may see that in a couple of weeks, says Mick Schumacher to DerWesten.
Mick Schumacher to Alfa Romeo until 2022?
Mick Schumacher has had a difficult season at Haas, partly he and teammate Nikita Mazepin do not pull evenly and partly the car is hopelessly behind.
– It is too early to speculate on that, says Mick’s uncle Ralf Schumacher, who is an expert at German Sky.
– Right now, Alfa is at least better than Haas, but the question is which team is able to develop the most. There will be changes at Haas, but Alfa Romeo has been in the same place for several years. Therefore, I do not really know what advice I would give him now.
The victory for Schumacher
When we now mention the name Schumacher, we can state that it was a Schumacher who won one of the races during the competition weekend in Austria. David Schumacher took his first victory in Formula 3.
David is a cousin of Mick and a son of Ralf. He is making his second season in Formula 3, the first was deplorable as he did not take a single point and dad Ralf makes that mistake:
– The problem is that even if all cars are the same, the teams are anything but the same. I, as manager and dad, made a huge mistake when we chose the team last year and there we unfortunately lost a year, he says to motorsport totals.
– The professional stables are more accurate and they are also further ahead in the championship. You look at the table who is where. Prema has been number one in previous years and still is.
Linus Lundqvist in title fight
It can raise some hope for Swedish racing fans. Right now Dino Beganovic from Linköping is driving for Prema in Formula 4. The Swede belongs to the Ferrari Driver Academy and is in 16th place in the championship after five out of ten races.
Another positive Swedish news, alongside Marcus Ericsson’s fine second place in IndyCar is Linus Lundqvist’s who is at the top of IndyLights.
– No great weekend, and we have not really had the speed here, says Linus Lundqvist.
– I have also made at least one or two mistakes too much. I have to take it upon myself. At the same time, it is somewhere positive that during a tough weekend, when much has gone wrong, we still leave here with two fourth places. We have a high minimum level and we continue to have a good hang in the championship.
The Swede is third in the championship, 25 points behind leader Kyle Kirkwood when 12 of 20 races are decided. Now a couple of weeks of summer vacation awaits before the season continues Gateway Motorsports Park in Illinois on August 19-21. IndyCar, on the other hand, will run the Big Machine Music City Grand Prix in Nashville on August 8.
Many thanks again for reading the F1 blog and coming back again and again. It warms.