Tennis – Wimbledon 2021
The seeds (Top 8)
The match program HERE
The results HERE
LIVE follow-up HERE
The updated table HERE
Monday June 28, the main results
* Big surprise at the start with the elimination of Stefanos Tsitsipas, Roland Garros finalist, sharply beaten by the American Frances Tiafoe.
* Jannik Sinner, another player who had shown great things in Paris, also lost in the first round against the Hungarian Marton Fucsovics.
* After a complicated first set, Novak Djokovic bent the revelation Jack Draper.
* Note also the eliminations of Davidovich Fokina and the giant Reily Opelka.
Tuesday June 29, the main results
* The tournaments follow each other and are similar for Benoit Paire, swept in three sets by Schwartzman in the first round.
* Two days after the success of his sister Nelly on a golf Grand Slam, the talented Sebastian Korda eliminates in 4 sets De Minaur, recent winner at Eastbourne.
* Roger Federer, the master of the place, far from his level of yesteryear, showed good and much less good during his first round against Adrian Mannarino. The Habs hit in the leg, gave up after four sets.
* Shapovalov, Zverev, Medvedev, Evans and Fognini pass T1 without too much trouble.
* Lorenzo Musetti, revelation of Roland Garros, is beaten dryly by the Polish giant Hubert Hurkacz.
* Disappointment for Pierre Hugues Herbert defeated by Pablo Andujar, great specialist in clay, 8/6 in the 5th set.
* Another defeat in five rounds, more infuriating, for Arthur Rinderknech, against the German Otte.
* We also note the defeat of Gilles Simon, the great success of the qualifier Antoine Hoang and the victory of Gasquet who will find Federer in T2.
Wednesday June 30, the main results
* Big disappointment for Ugo Humbert, the best French chance at Wimbledon, who fell to a hell of a client in the first round named Nick Kyrgios. The Australian, back on the circuit after a long confinement, was hungry for tennis.
Kyrgios, facing one of the best turf specialists at the moment, rebounded after being led two sets to one before concluding today with a 9/7 in the 5th set. A cruel outcome for Humbert.
* While Djokovic left Anderson in three sets, in the second round, Lucas Pouille lost in 4 sets against the Englishman who rides Cameron Norrie.
* Gael Monfils, in serious difficulty against O’Connell, comes out in five sets, this will not be the case for Isner and Ruud, beaten by Thompson and the surprising Nishioka.
* Barrère, disappointing Moutet and Tsonga, who is still looking for his tennis, also come out in T1 while Benjamin Bonzi joined the second round, just like Jérémie Chardy who offered himself Arslan Karatsev.
Thursday July 1, the main results
* No worries for Alexander Zverev, who qualified for 1/16 after a quick win against Tennys Sandgren.
* Gael Monfils did not shine against the world No.107, Pedro Martinez. The Spaniard won in four sets and won with envy his second match on grass.
* Norrie, Medvedev, Berrettini and Hurkacz climb without trembling in 1 / 16th.
* The powerful Belarusian Ilya Ivashka takes out the London resident Jérémie Chardy in 4 rounds.
* Elimination also for Kei Nishikori beaten by Australian Jordan Thompson.
* Roberto Bautista Agut battle 3:33 to get out the Serbian Miomir Kecmanovic.
* Roger Federer, in big progress compared to his first lap, battled during a set, the first, before rolling Richard Gasquet on the following two sets.
* Kazakh Alexander Bublik, a rising player, easily takes out Grigor Dimitrov.
* We still note the qualifiers of Kyrgios, Garin and Cilic against the Habs Benjamin Bonzi.
Friday July 2
* Andrey Rublev, very solid, leaves Fabio Fognini in 4 sets. Confident compatriot Karen Khachanov eliminated Tiafoe in three sets.
* Pedro Martinez, winner of Monfils on Thursday, died this afternoon against the consistency of Chilean Cristian Garin.
* Sebastian Korda had a good performance by taking out local Dan Evans in 4 sets. He qualifies for his first 1 / 8th in a Grand Slam.
* Novak Djokovic continues his walk by dominating the American Denis Kudla.
* Nice move for Roberto Bautista Agut winner of the all-German risk Dominik Koepfer.
* We continue with the victory, not given in advance, of the Hungarian Fuscovics in four sets, against Schwartzman.
Saturday July 3
* Matteo Berrettini, also very comfortable on grass, passes easily in three sets against the Slovenian Bedene.
* The Polish giant Hubert Hurkacz, winner in Miami, finds color. He dominated Bublik and climbed to 1 / 8th just like Ilya Ivashka and Lorenzo Sonego.
* Roger Federer delivered this afternoon a nice score against the Briton who rides Cameron Norrie. The master of the place wins in four sets.
* Four innings also for Alexander Zverev to beat Taylor Fritz.
* Disappointment for the whimsical and talented Nick Kyrgios, forced to leave the tournament on injury, by facing Felix Auger Aliassime.
* Led two sets to nothing by the powerful Marin Cilic, Daniil Medvedev let the storm pass before winning in five sets after 3:36 of play.
The 1/8 finals
Novak Djokovic (CHI) vs Cristian Garin (CHI): 6/2 6/4 6/2
The world N ° 1 arrives in quarter without having known the slightest warning and one wonders who can prevent him from winning a 20th GC.
Marton Fucsovics (HON) vs Andrey Rublev (RUS) : 6/3 4/6 4/6 6/0 6/3
Surprise on court N ° 2 with the Hungarian who smashes his Russian opponent in the last two sets before regaining a quarterback in GC for the first time in his career.
Karen Khachanov (RUS) vs Sebastian Korda (TCH) : 3/6 6/4 6/3 5/7 10/8
Great fight and superb resistance of the American against the power of the Russian who knew how to make the difference at the very end of the match.
Denis Shapovalov (CAN) vs. Roberto Bautista Agut (ESP): 6/1 6/3 7/5
Very impressive, the Canadian left-hander continues to wreak havoc. His Spanish rival was punished in three sets.
Matteo Berrettini (ITA) vs Ilia Ivashka (BLR) : 6/4 6/3 6/1 :
The Italian sweeps his rival in three sets after 1h46 of play.
Felix Auger Aliassime (CAN) vs Alexander Zverev (ALL) : 6/4 7/6 3/6 3/6 6/4
The Canadian, now coached by Toni Nadal, had one of the best performances of his career by taking out Zverev after a big match, and a crazy 5th set. Like his compatriot Shapovalov, he knew the honor of a quarter-final at Wimbledon.
– Wimbledon (@Wimbledon) July 5, 2021
Roger Federer (SUI) vs Lorenzo Sonego (ITA) : 7/5 6/4 6/2
Easy winner in three rounds, the Swiss became the oldest player qualified for a quarterback in GC, a level he reached, it’s monstrous, for the 58th time in his career.
Hubert Hurkacz (POL) vs Daniil Medvedev (RUS): 6/2 6/7 6/3 3/4, fin du match mardi
The 1/4 finals
Novak Djokovic vs Marton Fucsovics
Karen Khachanov vs Denis Shapovalov
Matteo Berrettini vs Félix Auger Aliassime